Sorry, this job has expired.
A highly skilled and dedicated team of Security Officers leads to better job performance. To ensure we provide the best services to our clients, U.S. Security Associates places top priority on our Security Officers. We are vested in their ongoing training, development and recognition. As a result we boast one of the highest retention averages in our industry.
Currently we are seeking Unarmed Security Guards to join our professional security team at our Louisville, Elizabethtown, and Shelbyville locations.
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
• Watching for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacting emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
• Remaining alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaching suspicious person and/or notifying police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
• Patrolling assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
• Examining doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; using client keys to open and close buildings; monitoring closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
• Preparing routine, standardized reports.
• Providing escorts as necessary.
• Informing and warning violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
• Providing specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
• Performing periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
• Able to obtain a Local or State Guard Card (where applicable). This includes having a criminal background evaluation, being able to show valid identification, and be able to pay the State Security License fee that is required. Some clients may require specific pre-employment background checks and/or annual background checks. USA does not make the decisions regarding issuing security licenses.
• Be at least 18 years of age (21 for some positions)
• Have a reliable means of communication (i.e. home phone, cell phone).
• Have a reliable means of transportation to and from work.
• Effectively speak, read and write English.
You must comply with USA appearance standards:
• Your hair must be neatly cut and groomed. Hair will be cut short enough or styled sufficiently to prevent it from standing out when the uniform cap or hat is worn or from extending below the top of the shirt or jacket collar.
• Refrain from wearing earrings, necklaces or jewelry worn in the nose, eyebrows, lips, tongues, or other extremities by men or women while on duty.
• Your face must be clean-shaven except that neatly trimmed mustaches may be worn unless there is a client requirement prohibiting them (such as interfering with the wearing of special safety masks, etc.).
• All uniformed security officers must furnish their own black shoes (plain toed, suitable for wearing with a uniform) and furnish their own black socks. All shoes must be maintained in good condition.
Reasonable accommodation based on race, religious belief or for disability will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
As a USA security officer, you may also be expected to perform one or more of the following essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation:
• Be able to work overtime and on various shifts as needed; including weekends and holidays. Reasonable accommodation based on religious beliefs or disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Be able to maintain accurate records.
• Effectively comprehend numerous policies, procedures, and concepts in order to respond appropriately to various situations.
• Communicate effectively with others.
• Walk up and down stairs.
• Stand for long periods of time sometimes in excess of eight hours.
• Work outside in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment.
U.S. Security Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)