Unarmed Security Guard
Sorry, this job has expired.
Full time, Part time
A highly skilled and dedicated team of Security Officers leads to better job performance. To ensure we provide the best services to our clients, U.S. Security Associates places top priority on our Security Officers. We are vested in their ongoing training, development and recognition. As a result we boast one of the highest retention averages in our industry.
Currently we are seeking an unarmed security guard to join our professional security team in the Louisville, KY, area.
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment. Responsibilities include:
• Watching for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacting emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
• Remaining alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaching suspicious person and/or notifying police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
• Patrolling assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
• Examining doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; using client keys to open and close buildings; monitoring closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
• Preparing routine, standardized reports.
• Providing escorts as necessary.
• Informing and warning violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
• Providing specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
• Performing periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
• Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED).
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• At least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
As a USA security officer, you may also be expected to perform one or more of the following essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation:
• Be able to work overtime and on various shifts as needed; including weekends and holidays. Reasonable accommodation based on religious beliefs or disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Be able to maintain accurate records
• Effectively comprehend numerous policies, procedures, and concepts in order to respond appropriately to various situations
• Communicate effectively with others
• Walk up and down stairs
• Stand for long periods of time sometimes in excess of eight hours
• Work outside in a variety of weather conditions depending on the assignment
• Must have a valid state security officer license, if applicable.
• Ability to walk and climb stairs.
• Ability to walk extended periods of time.
• Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
• Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
• Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
• Knowledge of CPR and first aid.
• Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
• Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
• Skill in operating portable radio devices.
If interested in being one of the best, then apply now!
We are an EEO/AA Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.